Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Maple-glazed Salmon

I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light.  I didn't have all of the ingredients so I improvised, and it actually turned out amazing.  I LOVE it when that happens. This is the best salmon I've had in a long time!

I bought the skinless boneless, pre-portioned, Atlantic salmon from the frozen section at Costco a while back and I think it tastes really good.  I used it for this recipe.

4 servings

Ingredients

  • 2 TB pure organic maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 TB apple juice
  • juice of one lemon
  • 2 Tsp hoisen sauce
  • 1 1/2 tsp canned minced ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard (the pretty chunky kind)
  • 1/4 tsp (or round about that) allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 4 (6oz) salmon fillets
Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients but the salmon and mix well.  Add salmon and let marinade in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. 
  2. Meanwhile heat the broiler.  
  3. Remove fish from marinade and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Reserve marinade for basting.
  4. Cook fish for 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork, basting every 3 minutes.  Do not overcook.  Check for doneness starting around 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment